Spokane Mayor’s team unveils housing initiatives to Spokane REALTORS®
Spokane Mayor Nadine Woodward’s team unveiled a series of changes to the residential codes aimed at spurring new housing and growth opportunities. In the first phase, there are 7 key amendments to the city codes that will make it easier for landowners to develop everything from multi-family units to additional dwelling units (ADU’s)
Among the proposed changes:
- Increase flexibility of development and design standards for Accessory Dwelling Units.
- Clarify development regulations, and provide additional flexibility – removing most transition zones in the code
- Reduce or streamline the notification and commenting requirements for short plats
- Encourage infill development, update development and design standards to integrate more townhomes and attached housing
- Expand the permitted zoning districts and lot types, update design standards for duplexes
- Streamline the SEPA Environmental Review Thresholds to be consistent with state law
- Expand allowable zones to enable more short-term rental licensing compliance.
Click here for more information